How To Parent – When Your Ill!
Ok, so I’m writing this while I’ve got a bad cold, and thought what better idea for a post than what’s happening in the moment!
So how to parent while your ill, with a toddler getting his molars through and a baby teething too…. sigh…
1. Get as much sleep as possible. Really. We all do this I’m sure, intend to go to bed early then after getting the kids to bed, watching your favorite tv shows or surfing the web and you realise its already late. So once the kids are asleep, have a nice relaxing bath with some eucalyptus oil to clear your head and then straight to bed, even if just to lie there with a good book.
2. Watch movies with the kids all day. Let the housework go, the to do list and snuggle up under the douvet with your kids and watch movies and tv alllll day long, so as not to move too much or expend too much energy!
3. If the kids dont want to be still, get them to perform plays or sing songs for you to watch, play board games, anything you can do sat on the couch for as long as possible!
4. Order take away. Forget cooking. Order your favorite take away to not have to worry about dishes or cooking, kids will be happy and so will you!
5. Make sure your house is stocked up with lots of fresh ginger, garlic, ionic silver, lemons, honey and eucalyptus oil. These are all great natural remedies for colds and flu, safe for the kids to take too!
6. Just focus on the fact its only going to late a few days, this too shall pass, and you’ll be back to health in no time!
What are your best tips for those times when your still have to parent while ill? Would love to hear below!